Sunday, May 31, 2009

G-Man: on guitar

Christmas '07, our daughter Maggie got a guitar and amp.  A few months later, I picked up an issue of Guitar World magazine because it had Dimebag Darrell on the cover. Watching our daughter learn and seeing Darrell play made me want to learn guitar also. I got my guitar Christmas '08, then Maggie and I started taking lessons up at Ye Olde Guitar Shoppe together in February. I am currently learning "Black Magic Woman" by Carlos Santana and Maggie's learning "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath. We're both learning "One" by Metallica so we can play rhythm and lead together. Now, my wife has a bass guitar (see her blog at: http://www.pseudablebliss.blogspot.com/  for pictures and description) which makes it all the more exciting. But, since I've only been playing a few months, there won't be any "you tube" videos for a long time (insert groans here). I know...I know...I realize there's a serious shortage of videos showing guys sitting somewhere in their houses playing guitar, but I'm sorry, you're just going to have to wait.

Later,
G-Man

3 comments:

  1. Probably going to take me a while before I can serenade you with pix messages, though. Not quite as far along as you and Mags are.

    : )

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all i can say is best of luck.
    I think you all are in too deep in music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .Good try Nick, I was going to employ your services, but then I didnt want to. Sorry bout yer luck.

    ReplyDelete